*Post contains affiliate ads, compensation paid on purchases.
Not sure about you, but I am a lover of all things BBQ and I am ALSO a lover of chili! What can I say, I love pretty food just as much as I love the hearty man food! Recently, we made some bad-ass beef brisket with some seriously DELICIOUS rub I found at Bass Pro Shops and had about half a brisket left over so instead of making sandwiches the next day, we opted for something a little tastier – CHILI!
I’ve gotta say that this had a great smokey flavor that the meat added to it, since obviously it was smoked for 10 hours the day before and packed it with some serious flavor from the rub that we used.
This is a Two Part Recipe.
- 15 lb. Beef Brisket
- 1/4 cup KC Butt Rub
- 1 tsp. Cumin
Bring meat to room temperature. Rinse and pat dry the brisket. sprinkle and press in the rub and let it sit for about 15 minutes.
Place meat in 200 degree smoker for 10 hours.
Once the meat is cooked, it will have a dark crust and be oh so damn delicious!
Slice and save about a pound and a half for the chili.
- 1.5 lbs. Smoked Brisket, diced (see recipe & instructions above)
- 1 Packet McCormick Chili Seasoning
- 1 1.5 tsp. Cumin
- Salt & Pepper
- 1+ tbsp. Hot Sauce (I used Tapatillo)
- 1 can corn
- 2 cans of stewed tomatoes
- 1 Jalapeno, diced and seeds removed
- 2 Cans Pinto Beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Cans of Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Can of Canellini Beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 oz. water
Place EVERYTHING in slow cooker for 3 hours on high or 5 on low. This should serve 10-12 bowls. Goes great with cheesy roasted garlic bread!