*Post contains Affiliate links, commission paid on purchases from said links.
So I’m sure you’ve seen these gorgeous creations before by competitive BBQers and a sponsored as or two on Facebook. Well, we decided to make these babies!
My husband saw them and just had to have them. They are easy to make, take some patience when cooking and deliver a fucking awesome result!
*Ask your butcher to hook it up! Buy a couple steaks and have him grind it up for you. Pick something with LOTS of marbling in it, this extra fat holds it together when you build your burger around the can.
RECIPE (Makes 2)
A can of beer!
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 4-6 slices bacon
- Pinch Season salt/Pepper
- Pre-made pulled pork (Trader Joe’s)
- 1 Portobello Mushroom, sliced and sautéed in butter and a a tsp. Garlic
- 1 Slice Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 giant pinch Cheddar Cheese
PREHEAT GAS GRILL TO HIGH HEAT.
- Grab half the COLD ground beef and mold it around the bottom of the beer can.
- Wrap ROOM TEMPERATURE bacon around the patty that has been formed around the can.
- Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Remove; then you can easily slide out the can from the patty without your meat breaking apart.
- Fill with sautéed mushrooms, pork OR both! Then top with cheese.
- Place on hot grill. Should be about 400-425. Sear the meat for best result so this cooks through and bacon crisps a bit. Once you’ve seared it for 1-2 minutes on the sides, then turn the heat down to medium low. Temp should get to 300. Cook it for about 15-17 minutes MAX.
- Remove and let rest.
- Serve on a soft, sourdough bun with a nice green salad.
We are this on its own, it was too filling to eat with a bun…