So I asked around and compiled my list of people’s dislikes. Many are common and some are uncommon or just straight up funny!
Although many of us think it would be a great gift to give/get here are the DIY items I found out people actually really don’t like getting:
- Baked good kits in jars
- Smelly lotions/scrubs YOU tried to make off Pinterest and put in a jar as a gift
- This is a funny one- crochet undergarments made for you by a family member (kinda creepy that they are thinking of you like that…)
Some other non-DIY items I was told about were:
- Fruitcake (I don’t know about you, but I’ve never gotten one- better yet, never tried it!)
- Socks/underwear (the packaged kind)
- Cheesy as seen on TV novelty items
- Crappy bath sets
I think the biggest complaint was not getting a gift receipt.
I think regardless of what you get this season, enjoy it and be thankful. If you really think about it, nobody owes you anything and it’s an act of kindness.
Have a Happy Hanukkah and Merry Christmas!